A mizdiagnosis

Why did I choose medicine?!

Sunday, June 17, 2007
Rest in peace.. thanks for the lesson
Prof. S passed away last Tuesday night.

Oh dear, took me so long to finally find out. The last time I saw him, he was walking slowly (exactly like a snail) to the washroom in the ward. He made a wrong turn and almost entered the treatment room. Luckily the ward sister stopped him and showed him the right way.

I remember being in Semester 6, and everyone in my medical posting group was excited about seeing a patient with acromegaly for the first time. I remember sitting down for 2 hours talking to him. Not just about his disease. We talked about life, studies, his work as a professor in a university, the book he wrote, his wife, his children..

I remember seeing him in tears when he told me his wife left him and his children doesn't want to look after him.

This time in my Internal Medicine posting, it was a joy to see him again, but it crushed my heart to see him so much more weaker than he used to be. But at least he smiled when I greeted him again. I'm not sure whether he remembers me, but as always, he was a kind soul to a meddling medical student.

Thank you for the lessons. You'll be missed.

On a happier note, Happy Father's Day!

Me: Pa, what do you want to do on Father's Day?
Dad: Study medicine with you.
Me: What-the.. O_o



"SuperDad"

Most of my friends know how great my dad is, and how much he means to me. No need to elaborate-lah..


This is us celebrating half-an-hour before the day ended. Hehe.. talk about celebrating at the last moment. Love ya, daddy!
posted by Sha @ 5:56 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 2:39 AM, Blogger Azman said…

    We will always remember you Doc S. :~(

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Profile

Name: Sha
DOB: 6th July
Email: shasynergy@gmail.com

  • more about me?
  • Previous Post
    Archives
    MD Wannabes (Around the World)
    Congratulations!!
    The Real Deal
    The Others
    Consultation Board
    Template

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Template Design by isnaini dot com

    © A mizdiagnosis proudly powered by Blogger.