A mizdiagnosis

Why did I choose medicine?!

Friday, June 08, 2007
Physician in the making
The patients in the medical wards are talkative.

Me: Uncle, on this admission, did you have fever?
Patient 1: This admission? No... But last time ah, I got very high fever one. Waa.. that time you know what ah..etc etc etc..

Me: Uncle, how many medications are you taking for your hypertension?
Patient 2: Haiyo, I can't remember-lah. The doctor give me this.. then give that.. then one time I go see this traditional medicine man.. he give me this.. then this happened.. than I go here there everywhere.. waah, all this and that bla bla bla..
Me: Huh?! So how many pills are you taking everyday?

There was this patient who had Hodgkin's lymphoma who talked so much after I asked him a question, and I started daydreaming when he was talking, next thing I knew he suddenly went, "Haloo?".. Haha, had to cover up, quickly recovered and told him to continue his story, as if I never drifted off in the first place.

Medicine posting. One minute you happily talking with a patient who had heart failure, 2 days later he goes into respiratory distress, gets intubated and sent to ICU. In the ward I'm in, 2 patients died when I was there, 2 went into respiratory distress, 1 ended up in coma and 1 dumb alcoholic decided to pull his IV drip out by himself and ended up with blood dribbling onto his bed and floor. All in 5 days. 15 more days to go. What more will come?
posted by Sha @ 6:59 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger sunshine said…

    which ward are u in? so 'happening'..:) hehe. Medical ward is the busiet ward in HTJ, agree? Looking @ the extended bedsss...wah! What to do?

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Sha said…

    Luckily we don't need to cover beds in this posting. Confirm I'll collapse :p

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Profile

Name: Sha
DOB: 6th July
Email: shasynergy@gmail.com

  • more about me?
  • Previous Post
    Archives
    MD Wannabes (Around the World)
    Congratulations!!
    The Real Deal
    The Others
    Consultation Board
    Template

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Template Design by isnaini dot com

    © A mizdiagnosis proudly powered by Blogger.