A mizdiagnosis

Why did I choose medicine?!

Friday, April 27, 2007
Types of medical students

I am a final year medical student. One more year to go out into the real world and save lives. Or end up killing someone.


I am so stupid. Despite all the studying, I still feel as dumb as I was when I first started clinical school. And all this while I imagined being quite knowledgeable by time I hit the 5th year.


"Your knowledge is there but I don't think it's good enough to pass your Semester 9."

Oh man. Today prayer did not help me at all. But I figured God wanted reality to hit me. Hard.


I don't think I failed my surgery exam. But I sure don't think I'll be so lucky in my finals if I don't buck up. It's moments like these I sit down and wonder why I chose this profession. What in the world made me think I was good enough to be a doctor and heal sick people?


*slap myself*

I guess better know how bad I really am now while I have the time to improve myself than be overconfident and find out too late that I was not good enough.


I'm in paediatrics now. The bad thing, the amount of studying I need to do in 4 weeks has increased. The good thing, my daddy is around to help me!! My dad couldn't help me with surgery, but now that I'm in his field of expertise, hopefully he'll not only share his knowledge with me, but also sit down and work out my weaknesses and find the right studying method for me. What worked in Semester 7 is definitely not working now. Need to make certain adjustments..


I'll show the world I can be a great doctor. Muahahaha..


"Types of Medical Students" from Simple Thoughts
posted by Sha @ 9:40 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger yipwt said…

    hi..just hang on there...medic is not easy.

    i have heard doctors advising others not to become docs..due to the hard life..

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Sha said…

    hi!

    thanks 4 the encouragement.. much appreciated.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Profile

Name: Sha
DOB: 6th July
Email: shasynergy@gmail.com

  • more about me?
  • Previous Post
    Archives
    MD Wannabes (Around the World)
    Congratulations!!
    The Real Deal
    The Others
    Consultation Board
    Template

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Template Design by isnaini dot com

    © A mizdiagnosis proudly powered by Blogger.