A mizdiagnosis

Why did I choose medicine?!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007
My patch test
I'm not blogging on my London and Paris trip yet. I'm still waiting for some photos which my aunt took with her camera. But in short, I had a great time!


Anyone wants this T-shirt? I got it for free from a souvenier shop in London. It's worth RM84! I'll give it to you free, because I don't want it. Only thing is, it's in 'small' size. So you'd have to be as big as me to fit in.

I had to do a patch test on Monday. Early in January, when I finished my ProActiv facial wash, I needed a new facial wash immediately. Because I couldn't go to Mines Shopping Complex to get the ProActiv, I ended up buying another facial wash just to use temporarily.


I've always thought that the one time everyone gets to see my naked back would be when I'm wearing a sexy backless dress. Not like this! *sigh*

One week later, the skin on my hands, face, neck and my lips became so dry that it started peeling! Then the skin on my back and shoulders started to get dry also. My skin has had allergic reactions to cosmetic products before, but not this bad! The worst thing was when I started having heat rashes. Everytime I sweat, my whole back would feel like thousands of needles poking into it at different times. I went to see a dermatologist in Seremban Hospital, and he diagnosed me with seborrheic dermatitis. That same week I saw another dermatologist in Selayang Hospital, and she diagnosed me with allegic dermatitis.

Man, it scares me when doctors don't make the same diagnosis. I wouldn't know who to trust.

Anyway, my skin problem is gone now. But the doctor in Selayang wanted me to come and do a patch test just to find out what I'm allergic to.

And I found the culprit to the whole problem! Stupid Oxy facial wash!!


Notice the big red square? Imagine how itchy it would be.

A patch test is not a good thing to do. First, you can't wash your back as long as you have the patches on. It's gross, man.. It's so hard to bath without getting my back wet. Second, it itches like crazy! And since I'm not allowed to scratch it or take any medications to stop the itching, I had to pinch myself just to stop thinking about the itchiness. Lastly, when the nurse pulls the patches out, you'll go OUCH!!! Back waxing is not a good experience. And it's so ticklish to have someone touch your back when they apply or remove the patches. Heehee..

One more week until the final year of my life as a medical student begins. Die.
posted by Sha @ 10:33 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    haha.. and to think that u've been using oxy (other product) for quite some time..kekeke....
    i'm telling u..stock up ur facial wash.. it's alwez good to do that..kekeke....muaxx..

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Profile

Name: Sha
DOB: 6th July
Email: shasynergy@gmail.com

  • more about me?
  • Previous Post
    Archives
    MD Wannabes (Around the World)
    Congratulations!!
    The Real Deal
    The Others
    Consultation Board
    Template

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Template Design by isnaini dot com

    © A mizdiagnosis proudly powered by Blogger.