A mizdiagnosis

Why did I choose medicine?!

Sunday, January 28, 2007
Night market
I took my cousin Rinai to the pasar malam in Sri Petaling on Tuesday. Everytime I go there it seems to be getting bigger and bigger. And suddenly I'm noticing more things there that I would buy! The last thing I'd ever do a year ago was buy clothes or shoes from a pasar malam. Surprisingly, my cousin and I were checking out all the clothes and shoes that night. They're so cute!! *bimbo moment*

Ahem.. anyway, we were at a DVD stall when the 'seller' asked, "Are you two sisters?"

Note: My cousin is half Caucasian half Kelabit. But she looks more Caucasian than Kelabit. I thought I look more Indian. How in the world the guy thought we were sisters?

Me: Do we look like sisters?
Man: Yeah! Look alike lorr..
Me and cousin: Haha! Yeah! We're sisters *giggles*

After selecting the DVDs that we wanted, he asked another question (gesture: points one finger at my cousin then one at me then bring two fingers together..) "Are the two of you married?"

Me: Huh?!!

I have no idea why he asked that. At first I thought he asked whether we were a lesbian couple. Then I figured that was a dumb thought. After answering 'no', we just walked away.. I'm still wondering why he asked that.

I showed my cousin all the food stuff that was nice in the pasar malam, from Fatman Steamboat's 'lok-lok', charkuayteow, assam laksa etc.. even showed her the 'smelly' toufu!! Haha.. she was like, "Why the heck people line up for something that smells so bad?"

I have no idea. I haven't tasted one, and I doubt I ever will.

Can't wait to go back next week.

Anyway, just some updates. Linda stayed with me for a week before leaving for Queensland. It hit me quite bad when she finally left. I remembered the guard asking her how long she's been in Malaysia, and when she answered "8 years," I thought it was so cool that I was best friends with her for 5 years. The tears just came, but I tried hard not to let YingWei's mum and cousin see me in tears. Thank God they didn't. "Stoopid-lah you Linda!! One week already, why no word from you??!!!" *sigh* Some best friend I have.. :p Hope you're having fun there! Miss you lots!!

So for now, it's just Rinai & I hanging out together. Another cousin, Sarah came to stay for a weekend. That was fun. It seems this week I've been getting in touch a few of my cousins. Met up with 3 more who are working in KL. Today I went for dimsum with Pamela and her friends. Then met up with a high school friend and ex-swimmate, MunYi in Midvalley.

I love holidays.

I've been learning some Mandarin this month. Another 5 more hours of classes to go. Then it's up to me whether I still want to continue. I don't think I'll have time to go for more classes. Maybe I'll learn on my own. *sigh* Something tells me I won't know nuts by the end of this year. At least I took up the challenge of learning a new language!

Another month to go before I begin my 5th and final year. Argh!
posted by Sha @ 6:06 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger linda_tjo4 said…

    soli soli... soli... ya lar.. i also cried a bit in the plane.. sigh.. luckily got some oz guy to distract me.. hehe.. but yeah.. miss u loads loads loads... of there's any consolation, not that fun so far.. been running around doing errands.. sigh...love u!!miss u so much wei!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Profile

Name: Sha
DOB: 6th July
Email: shasynergy@gmail.com

  • more about me?
  • Previous Post
    Archives
    MD Wannabes (Around the World)
    Congratulations!!
    The Real Deal
    The Others
    Consultation Board
    Template

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Template Design by isnaini dot com

    © A mizdiagnosis proudly powered by Blogger.