A mizdiagnosis

Why did I choose medicine?!

Sunday, December 10, 2006
I should be so lucky
I was going to brag about my new 2g iPod nano, which I bought from PC fair for RM599.



I was going to brag about how cool I think it is (but I still can't stand iTunes, still need some getting used to it). But then I thought, it's not really a big deal anyway. I'm just a bit more fashionable than I was the day before (Instead of saying, "Please pass my mp3 player," I'm saying "Please pass my iPod."), but I'm paying the price big time! Screen protector for RM25??!! Cover for RM49 to RM69?!! There is no way anyone will convince me to bring my iPod to Seremban, knowing how easily I can scratch it. Can someone help me and suggest a place I can buy a cover for a cheaper price?

So I'm not going to brag to you about my iPod, eventhough I know now you're all green with envy :p

Little did I know, my week would get better. I'm going to brag about my bowling skills!!

Just a short introduction to what Sports Week is in Seremban Clinical School. For one week, there's 2 teams (Sem6 & 7 as one team, Sem 8,9 & 10 in the other) competing for the Prof. Raman Subramaniam Cup. He's a former Dean. There's 10 games this year (futsal, football, basketball, volleyball, carrom, pingpong, road relay, bowling, darts, badminton), some with boys' and girls' teams. I was on the bowling team. The 'seniors' were at a tie with the 'juniors' by the last day, so bowling was the determining factor on who wins the cup.

Talk about pressure!!

The bowling event goes like this. There a girls' event and boys' event. Each team had 6 players, 3 boys and 3 girls (1 each as reserve). The winner is determined by accummulating all the points collected by all 6 players, each playing 3 games (so all together each player had to throw the bowling ball at least 60 times!).


















The seniors won the first game. Not bad, but the points difference wasn't much. Then the juniors started beating us in the the second game. Luckily for us, the senior girls managed to beat them by the 6th or 7th frame in that game. But not enough to save the guys who were still losing to the junior boys. That's when luck was really on my side. I got a strike in the 9th frame.

"Terrence, how much points do I get with that strike?"
"A strike is only useful when you get another strike. Then it makes a big difference
."

Oh great. To help the guys, the girls needed to collect more points. To do that, I needed a spare and hopefully another strike in the final frame for that game.


















I got 2 strikes in that frame. Thank God!! The cheers and screaming that came after each strike was indescribable! Thus we won the 2nd game. We did really well in the 3rd game also.. but by then it was obvious we'd 'tapau-ed' the juniors badly. The best part? The Cup belongs to us!


















No. I am not the one who won the game and Cup for us. Everyone played a part, and played it well. The seniors' team had great players, that's all. But it did feel good for a moment to think that I'd saved the day.




















The bad thing? It's one thing to get great results, but it becomes a problem later on when you used bad technics. My right arm and hand and left leg hurt so much the next day! Throwing a heavy bowling ball 60 times in a night using a bad technic does horrible things to your body. But believe me, I'm still on painkillers, but it's all worth it.

I am SO not playing bowling anytime soon :p
posted by Sha @ 3:22 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Profile

Name: Sha
DOB: 6th July
Email: shasynergy@gmail.com

  • more about me?
  • Previous Post
    Archives
    MD Wannabes (Around the World)
    Congratulations!!
    The Real Deal
    The Others
    Consultation Board
    Template

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Template Design by isnaini dot com

    © A mizdiagnosis proudly powered by Blogger.