A mizdiagnosis

Why did I choose medicine?!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Socialite strikes back
There are days I think being in Malaysia is just dumb.

I had the opportunity to attend the Global Indian Film Awards(GIFA) held in Bukit Jalil National Stadium last Saturday. Anyone who watches Hindi films would do anything to get the chance to see their favourite Hindi movie stars walk right in front of them. Anyone would do more than just anything to attend it for FREE.

Lucky me :p

I was forced to go. After sleeping at 3am the night before because of the bowling match, I needed sleep badly. But since my whole family was invited to go, and we had free tickets.. I guess you could say I was obliged to go. *sigh* The things a socialite has to do.

The thing that killed me that night was the fact the show only started at 10pm!! It was supposed to start at 7.30pm.. I have no idea whether it was typical of Malaysians to be late, or the movie stars were 'slow-coaches', but seriously, 2 and a half hours late??!!

I found out that the reason the show started late was because a superstar had to go meet some Malaysian big-shots. In 2 different places. Haiyo, why can't the big-shots just meet them at the award show?! Must make that poor person go to your houses then get him stuck in Malaysian traffic jam? Because of that, people who paid to watch the show had to wait 2 and a half hours, and people who lack sleep had to wait until 2am for shut-eye?!!

Another disappointment was when I got to see a dressing room of a 'star'. What-the.. It's horrible! Is that how we take care of our visitors? Imagine the tiles they use in the highway public toilets. Then imagine it in a room as big as your bedroom. Maybe there were reasons for using those rooms, but I still think it's like sending these famous people to our public toilet to dress up.

Lastly, when you thought the show had finally started, the local guest of honour who's supposed to give a speech decides to come an hour late. Thus, an hour after the show has started, we had to listen to a long speech. Who can concentrate on a speech at 11pm?! Just give a short speech and get on with the show-lah! *sigh*

Ok-lah.. enough complaining. I got to meet some Hindi movie stars! I shook hands with Shah Rukh Khan. I was in his dressing room!! No, I didn't see him changing. He just sat there discussing with his personal assistant. I just stood around with my family and talking.


Arjun Rampal, Hrithik Roshan, John Abraham and Sunil Shetty walked right in front of me when they came to see Shah Rukh in the dressing room. OMG. I had too much pride to walk up to them and act like a crazy, psycopathic female fan. But really, I was shocked at how good looking they were!! I've always thought Sunil was weird looking, but seriously, he looks hot face-to-face!




I want to go to India next month to look for a husband. *cross fingers*

Wow. From meeting designers and models, I'm now meeting movie stars. Heehee.. just lucky I guess.
posted by Sha @ 8:45 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Profile

Name: Sha
DOB: 6th July
Email: shasynergy@gmail.com

  • more about me?
  • Previous Post
    Archives
    MD Wannabes (Around the World)
    Congratulations!!
    The Real Deal
    The Others
    Consultation Board
    Template

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Template Design by isnaini dot com

    © A mizdiagnosis proudly powered by Blogger.