A mizdiagnosis

Why did I choose medicine?!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006
It was so worth it
After so long, I've finally gone to Jakarta with Linda. Despite the problems arising from everywhere before I could actually go on that trip(renewing passport, getting mum's permission, begging for money, trying to find the perfect time to skip classes), God was kind enough to give me the green light. I cannot describe the feeling knowing that I could finally travel overseas on my own for a holiday. My first independent trip to another country. But then again, can't call it independent since Linda's following and I'll be staying with her family over there. But to those who know how protective my parents are, you'd agree it's a good way to start my journey to total freedom!


The culprit. Her job: Make sure I don't get kidnapped or worse, lost. Especially in the airport :p


One of my goals in life was to be a 'jutawan' by the age of 30. Little did I know I became one at 23. One goal in life: ACHIEVED.


There are no words to describe the wonders of Jakarta. Even if there were, you'd be eating too much to even care about saying a word. I've had everything from duck 'bebek' beehoon, some 'apam balik' thingy (i forgot the name!), JCo donuts, nasi padang, super-hot grilled fish (forgot the name again!), dimsum, Japanese grilled food, durian ice-cream, and the list goes on and on and on... and to end the great menu, food poisoning on my last night there!! No worries Linda, if anything, my immune system has been upgraded. Mamak anyone?


And finally.. the most wonderful thing that could ever happen to a girl's life. SHOPPING.

Having dinner with Linda and her brother, after the first day of shopping:
Me: How much did I spend?
Linda: Lets calculate.
Me: 2 blouses, 2 DVD sets (5 seasons of Ally McBeal and 3rd season of One Three Hill), a pair of jeans, 1 shoe and 1 sandal, etc.
Linda: *calculating* (Did I mention that she was my human calculator? She adds, minuses and converts from Rupiah to Ringgit), RM169.
Me: What??! Take me back! I haven't finished my quota for shopping! That much only?
Linda's bro: Jakarta is nice right?
*laughter*


Yeah, yeah.. I'm a spoilt brat. Believe me, the shopping didn't end there. 3 days non-stop in Jakarta and Bandung. Like I said, it was worth every penny. Now I'm just basking in the complements I get. "I like your blouse!", "Your shoes is so cute!", "Very nice! Are those from Jakarta too? Argh, I hate you"


Lastly, you'd find the weirdest things when you are on the road. This fellow came up and started dancing near the car. Linda's bro told me that if I gave the fellow RM5, he'd come home to Malaysia with me. "Gila."
posted by Sha @ 5:40 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger sven said…

    You are not helping my jealousy! So in the end, how much did you spend?

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger linda_tjo4 said…

    not enough....not enough....

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Profile

Name: Sha
DOB: 6th July
Email: shasynergy@gmail.com

  • more about me?
  • Previous Post
    Archives
    MD Wannabes (Around the World)
    Congratulations!!
    The Real Deal
    The Others
    Consultation Board
    Template

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Template Design by isnaini dot com

    © A mizdiagnosis proudly powered by Blogger.