A mizdiagnosis

Why did I choose medicine?!

Thursday, June 28, 2007
Having exams every month is suicide
Now why would some individuals sleep when everyone is busy worrying about exams? Differential diagnoses?


1. They are just too &$%#@ smart to care. To them, we are idiots for worrying too much.
2. They burnt the midnight oil last night and developed bilateral ptosis(drooping eyes) the next day.
3. They had a heavy lunch, thus oxygen is diverted to their stomach instead of their brains.
4. "Exams? Got exam-meh?" denial-syndrome. Either that or they really don't know.
5. They don't have exams to worry about!!


You can tell how stressed out I am. I should be studying for my written paper tomorrow, but I'm here blogging 'rubbish'. I feel like screaming right now. It's crazy to study everything from the heart to lungs to stomach to liver to kidneys to brain to muscles to nerves to the-stupid-big-toe-with-gout in 4 weeks!

How did my practical exam go? My advice: If at least 3 people warned you to study about stroke for your exam, you STUDY IT ASAP. Because you are digging a huge grave dealing with a stroke patient when you've only studied 2 pages of neurology, and that 2 pages only covered meningitis!

And always be prepared for a last minute notice that your exam will start in half-an-hour's time. Or be smart enough to ask your examiner a week before about when he will have your exam, when he had a history of having exam on a Sunday. I think I must have looked quite angry at the last minute notice, but I was angry at myself for not being prepared, when I really wanted to do well for my Internal Medicine posting.

Oh well, hopefully I can show my full potential in my written paper tomorrow.
posted by Sha @ 8:36 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    People should read this.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Profile

Name: Sha
DOB: 6th July
Email: shasynergy@gmail.com

  • more about me?
  • Previous Post
    Archives
    MD Wannabes (Around the World)
    Congratulations!!
    The Real Deal
    The Others
    Consultation Board
    Template

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Template Design by isnaini dot com

    © A mizdiagnosis proudly powered by Blogger.