A mizdiagnosis

Why did I choose medicine?!

Friday, August 31, 2007
Batu Pahat, here I come
My first meal in Batu Pahat today.

Chicken rice.



Me: "Char-siew-kai-fan"
Chicken rice man: Huh?? *thought for one minute* Oh! *translated in Hokkien*..
Me: Haha.. sorry! Sini cakap Hokkien, ya?

How embarassing. Trying out my Cantonese in a Hokkien-speaking territory.

But in the end I made a new friend, the chicken rice seller.. he kept trying to teach me more Hokkien after that!

The chilli they give you with the chicken rice was green in colour, and if you mixed it, you'll notice that there's kicap underneath it so everything turns black later. And the soup they serve is bak-kut-teh soup! Yummy!!




posted by Sha @ 12:18 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger C.L said…

    Sasha!!! you're in BP already? we didn't get to meet! when you coming down to kl again? bw, happy merdeka!

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger ChoonSeng said…

    wow... someone has lowered her standards in food. :P good la, you'll have a fantastic 6 months in batupahat then.

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger Sha said…

    wei.. i ordered chicken rice because 1) i had only 20 minutes to eat and 2) its the only thing i dared to eat there.. haha..

    chaileng, when are you leaving? i'll only be back in kl at the end of the month :(

     
  • At 5:37 AM, Blogger Carrie said…

    Woi! Liking BP? I remember my family and I used to drive to BP just to makan and drive back. I'll come visit you guys when I come back to Malaysia k! My place is like 45 mins drive to BP

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger C.L said…

    I'm leaving on 5th oct, so long time to go. hehe! ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Profile

Name: Sha
DOB: 6th July
Email: shasynergy@gmail.com

  • more about me?
  • Previous Post
    Archives
    MD Wannabes (Around the World)
    Congratulations!!
    The Real Deal
    The Others
    Consultation Board
    Template

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Template Design by isnaini dot com

    © A mizdiagnosis proudly powered by Blogger.