A mizdiagnosis

Why did I choose medicine?!

Thursday, October 02, 2008
Sleeping sickness
A typical conversation:


Normal person A: Hey, how did you spend first day of Raya?
Normal person B: Waa.. sure had fun one.. I did this, did that, ate this, ate that, saw this and that.. etc..
A: Haha.. good good.. but cannot beat me.. I did this and that and that and more!
B: Waa.. you the man la..

Another typical conversation of a different kind:

Houseman A: Yesterday I woke up at 12 in the afternoon, went out to eat.. then my dad picked me up to take me to KL.. and I slept again until 10 at night... watched a movie on Astro.. then slept again at 12 midnight.. only to wake up at 12pm the next day realising that I slept the whole 1st of October away!

Houseman B: I was post-call yesterday some more! I finished my work at 12pm.. then what did I do?

A: You ate lunch with me lah.. that also don't remember..

B: Oh ya! Ate lunch with you, then went home to sleep.. then my parents picked me up to go to KL, had dinner there.. then slept.. the next day went with uncle to look at houses that I will never be able to afford in this lifetime.. took train back and slept again.


Hope you had a good Raya, though I've missed it. Here's wishing you Selamat Hari Raya! And goodnight, sweet dreamz... Die! On-call tomorrow and Sunday :(
posted by Sha @ 10:11 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger sven said…

    At least you managed to slip in a movie! Sound like you are still hanging in there ... are things getting any easier?

    Man, really hankering for Raya food:)

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger linda_tjo4 said…

    it's Raya now??? hehehe...

    miss u babe..

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    housemanship is always the toughest in the way of working hours. But u have to be strong and passion in your job. Dun be too emotionally involved with the patients you are treating as it will make u worse. believe me, everyone go through the same way, and they all survive.
    by the way, may i know which hosp u r in now?

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger Sha said…

    Jas and Linda: When are u guys back in Malaysia? Come and save me!

    Anonymous: Thanks for the advice :)

     
  • At 12:04 AM, Blogger yeoslian said…

    wah sasha.. making me jealous with all the freedom you have :p i spent my first day of raya being on call, since the non-malays evidently have to be on call on that day, and ended up with NO sleep at all cause i was looking after an IVDU patient who came in with low bp about 11.30p.m, and had to do an IJC& peritoneal dialysis for him, and finally almost collapsed in the morning.. i actually don't know if i should feel sorry for myself :s

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Profile

Name: Sha
DOB: 6th July
Email: shasynergy@gmail.com

  • more about me?
  • Previous Post
    Archives
    MD Wannabes (Around the World)
    Congratulations!!
    The Real Deal
    The Others
    Consultation Board
    Template

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Template Design by isnaini dot com

    © A mizdiagnosis proudly powered by Blogger.