A mizdiagnosis

Why did I choose medicine?!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008
My trip to Brisbane & Goldcoast
How do you define a good trip? One worth the money you'd spent? The time you took to explore a new place? The things you've seen, heard, eaten, touched, experienced? The people you had the opportunity to spend time with, getting a glimpse of their life and temporarily being in their shoes? Items that you'd brought back home to show off, whether from a great shopping experience or just simple things like a photograph? What about a trip makes you go back home thinking, "Wow.."

View from Mount Coot-tha

It's hard to describe my recent trip to Queensland in one, reasonably-long post. I'm a lazy bum, so I'm not going to be writing about my trip in several posts, one after another. Short, simple and sweet, is how I'll do this. Hope you get an idea of how 'wow-ing' my trip was.


Posers by SouthBank

One year I'd waited for this trip. One year I'd saved money. Just for one main reason, to see my best friends. Yeah, I planned my trip over the one year as if I was going to explore the whole of Australia and possibly New Zealand. But in the end, that didn't work out, but I consider myself lucky enough that I'd finally spent some great times with my best friends. Just to spend one night, updating one another, being able to give a hug after so long, to laugh together, was wonderful enough, what more with 10 days?


Pancakes & Friends :)

City Cat ride.. Warning: The breeze can be freezing..brrrr..

Brisbane was a great place too. After you've experienced Seremban and Batu Pahat, trust me, Brisbane, as boring a place as my friends there tried to tell me, it's really nice! Oh well, I'm the tourist, of course I'll say nice things. I went to West-End for pizza, fillos, nachos, lasagna and wine in Three Monkeys, SouthBank was wonderful to watch 'Step Up 2', eat Cold Rock chocolate ice cream mixed with marshmallows, walk by the river, visit the museum and eat Turkish food; shopped for dresses at great prices in Chermside Mall, Queenstreet Mall and DFO (Direct Factory Outlet); ate yummy steak with calamari at Hog's Breath, pancakes in a 24-hours pancake house and chinese food 'lebih' ajinomoto at Cyber City; took a ride along the river on the City Cat; visited animals in the Lone Pine Sanctuary; caught a great view of Brisbane from Mount Coot-tha and finally going all the way to Gold Coast to check out Surfer's Paradise & Movieworld!

Surfer's Paradise & Movieworld

I was a happy, fat, satisfied, blessed, exhausted, and I cannot stress enough, happy girl after that trip.

All because I was blessed with friends who were more than willing to skip or 'cabut' from classes just because they wanted me to enjoy my time there.

THANK YOU! I LOVE YOU!! *hugz*

Stupid thing I did in Brisbane: Tried taking the public bus alone to Queenstreet Mall. The smart-overconfident-ass in me thought I was street-smart enough, next thing I knew I missed the stop I meant to get off, ended up across a long bridge, and got off at the Cultural Centre stop. I was so lost after that because I had no idea which bus to take to get back, so what did I do? Walked across that long bridge in the hot sun, calling myself an idiot, and finally finding myself in the right place. Haha.

Scariest thing in Brisbane: I was feeding a kangaroo, when this emu suddenly appeared. It wasn't staring at the food in my hand, ok? Even with my palm closed it kept coming closer, so when the kangaroo near me jumped away, I took that as a sign to 'Get away from scary bird!'

Feed the kangaroos at Lone Pine Sanctuary


Yummiest thing in Brisbane: Haiyo, this is tough. But in short, anything with bacon. *my best friends are probably fainting at this point*

Most exciting thing I did: Superman Escape! Aaaaaarrrrggghhhh!!!!


This is the view you'd get on the ride.. just imagine it going really fast..weeee!!


A 10-minute video I found about the ride that I thought was quite funny.

Most breath-taking moment: Being surrounded by so many flying loreekeets at feeding time. Goosebumps, man.


Biggest regret: Truthfully I had no regrets until I was seated next to 2 chatty Malay ladies in my plane flight back, when they asked me about my shopping experience in Brisbane. This is what they said, "Haiyo! You didn't go to Harbourtown?! Waa.. next time you must not miss it! We were shopping everyday over there! Haiyo, the prices there were so goooooood!! We beli so much barang!" Sheesh.. you know when Malaysian women tell you that you'd missed a great shopping experience, 100% they're probably right. Dammit.


Oh well, no such thing as a missed opportunity, just a good reason to come back.

p/s: Thank you to AirAsia for giving out free seats to GoldCoast :p
posted by Sha @ 9:07 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 5:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey babe, glad we managed to show u the essence of brisbane and gold coast for the pass 10 days. I guess Brisbane itself too managed to show you its different weather changes during your short stay. And I'm so pleased that u've actually enjoyed urself. It's great having you around and experiencing a little part of our life in Brisbane.

    And with the superman video..damn funny wei~ Think I better try it someday.... *wink*

    Well u take care ya. And enjoy ur trip to redang and borneo~

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Sha said…

    i couldn't go to redang :( friend already made bookings without me.. but now just waiting for sarawak! yay.. missing u guys already *hugz*

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger sven said…

    Looks like you had loads of fun :) At least you can tahan the rides in Movieworld - seriously, I think that one day is enough to last me the next 10 years!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Profile

Name: Sha
DOB: 6th July
Email: shasynergy@gmail.com

  • more about me?
  • Previous Post
    Archives
    MD Wannabes (Around the World)
    Congratulations!!
    The Real Deal
    The Others
    Consultation Board
    Template

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Template Design by isnaini dot com

    © A mizdiagnosis proudly powered by Blogger.