A mizdiagnosis

Why did I choose medicine?!

Friday, May 05, 2006
Happening..
Argh. I can't take it anymore. I want to get out of here. I'm bored, depressed, totally hating my life now.

*pause*

OK-lah.. I was kidding there. 5 weeks of orthopaedic came and went. Ortho bored me to death big time! I think I only started learning stuff in the last week. Suddenly I knew that you used a dynamic hip screw for neck of femur fractures. I didn't know there was such a thing as a dynamic hip screw. Man, I'm such a bum lately. To make things worse, I had to clerk a spinal case for my exam. And he was unconscious!! I took the history from the patient's wife, but I had a problem doing physical examination. How does the professor expect me to report on the sensory examination? I couldn't even test motor tone and power. But chances are, I'll pass. *sigh* I hope I'll never have to go through orthopaedic again, but who am I trying to kid?

So my academic life in Seremban has been quite boring, but how about my social life? Wow.. truthfully speaking, I think I'm the most happening C2/05 in Seremban now. Really! Hear me out, and if you think there's someone more happening, feel free to bite back. Heehee.. It's all because I've started hanging out with the Semester 8s. That would include people like Kenneth, Jill, Terrence, Emily etc. Due to my SRC meetings, dance practices and CF meetings, almost all my dinners are with these people. Sem8 is pretty much a honeymoon semester, you'll have a lot of free time, So yeah, I'm glad that the Sem8s have included me in their free-time activities. Seriously, I would have died of boredom if it wasn't for them. But maybe I would have studied more and known what a dynamic hip screw was instead.

I went to Malacca for a one day visit with them. Music Nite was really great! ChoonSeng dedicated a song for me (thanks! I really like Wonderwall!), and to make things better, he sang it really well!! How often does that happen in a girl's life? Thanks for dinners, movies, CDs, roses and especially your friendship! It's always nice to have a good guy friend who really appreciates your company.

SRC is organizing a nationwide medical student conference next weekend. I will be staying in Port Dickson with 200 medical students for the whole weekend. Hopefully everything goes well. I can't help being excited. I really think studying in Seremban is good for me. A lot to learn, a lot of growing and yet a lot of fun here and there.

I will put up some photos soon. I'm finally going into Paediatrics, and my dad is one of the lecturers! Weird, but I'm excited nonetheless. Wish me luck!
posted by Sha @ 10:50 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Profile

Name: Sha
DOB: 6th July
Email: shasynergy@gmail.com

  • more about me?
  • Previous Post
    Archives
    MD Wannabes (Around the World)
    Congratulations!!
    The Real Deal
    The Others
    Consultation Board
    Template

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Template Design by isnaini dot com

    © A mizdiagnosis proudly powered by Blogger.