A mizdiagnosis

Why did I choose medicine?!

Friday, March 10, 2006
The worst train ride
There are days I think Lydia is smart for skipping Friday plenaries..

After what I thought was a beneficial lecture on ENT, I was dropped at the KTM station by Akmal somewhere around 4.45 p.m. As soon as I arrived, I noticed a huge crowd in the station. All lining up to buy tickets. Aaaarrrggghh!! Looks like the boarding school students are on holiday. Die. The line was so long. I went to line up to buy my ticket from the ticket machine, thinking the line would move faster. After 15 minutes, the machine decided to 'conk-out' and refused to accept notes. Thank God there was 2 seniors (Gene and Vijay) lining up to buy tickets from the ticket counter. They allowed me to cut queue and buy my ticket with them. *yeah* A junior even asked me later whether I wanted her to buy my ticket for me at another ticket machine (the benefit when you help out with orientation), but I declined, thinking it'd be a hassle for her. I didn't mind waiting in line with the seniors.

Then the next bad thing happened. The train was delayed for almost one hour! Thank God again for the 2 seniors! At least I was not bored to death..

When the train arrived, I didn't walk into the train, I was pushed into it! And lo and behold, luck was on my side again when a junior managed to save a seat for me despite the huge crowd pushing their way in the train. I sat next to her through the whole train ride, talking about studies and life in Seremban. I'm such a good senior..hehehe..*self-praise*

Just when I thought I'm an hour away from home, the train stopped 4 stations away from my destination! And it stopped for half-an-hour! Nooooo...!!! Even when it started moving again, it was so slow. And it kept stopping again and again.

When it finally reached the station I was coming off, it was 7.50 p.m. You count the hours it took me to reach there. I was so tired. And hungry. I couldn't wait to fall asleep on my bed.

By the time I reached home it was 8.30 p.m. *sigh*

Hopefully next week will not be a repeat.
posted by Sha @ 9:48 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Profile

Name: Sha
DOB: 6th July
Email: shasynergy@gmail.com

  • more about me?
  • Previous Post
    Archives
    MD Wannabes (Around the World)
    Congratulations!!
    The Real Deal
    The Others
    Consultation Board
    Template

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Template Design by isnaini dot com

    © A mizdiagnosis proudly powered by Blogger.